Wednesday, 6 March 2013

The late penalty for school work.



In my opinion I believe the late penalty for school work should be changed, because there’s no point in handing in work that you’re not going to get full marks on, if they care about school they will try to hand the work in on time anyway, it’s not fair that you should be penalized because you need more time.
My first reason I think the late penalty should be changed is because there’s no point in handing in work you’re not going to get full marks for it. Some people will feel “ripped off” or “cheated” by this, they will decided to just give up and not even bothering to hand in the assignment, I know sometimes I would be working on a project and if it was late I wouldn’t even bother handing it in because I’d rather get a zero saying I didn’t hand in the project then get a 50 on something I worked really hard on.
My second reason is if they really care about school they will try to get the project in on time anyway. Most people enjoy to hand their work in on time and get flustered when the dead line is approaching whether or not there is a penalty for being late, I understand that there are some people who don’t care about deadlines but I and other people do prefer to get their projects in on time.
My last reason is you shouldn’t be penalized because you need more time, sometimes you will encounter problems like you have 50 other projects, you don’t understand the assignment or maybe you just don’t have the time.  I don’t think it’s fair to lose marks over something you can’t control. There are times when I don’t have the time to finish a project but I do try my hardest to get as far as I can.
There for I believe the late penalty for projects should be removed because people feel there is no point in handing it in if you don’t get full marks for it, if you really care about school you will try to get it in on time anyway, and it’s not fair to penalize someone because they need more time.

2 comments:

  1. These are excellent points. Maybe we'll change the policy. My concern is that, without a penalty, even the hard-workers will take their time - especially if they get late marks off in other classes, then this class' work will be the last to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess that would make sense for some people, but i always do the project i think is the hardest first and i like to get all of my work done fast so i dont have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete