Dear: Catherine Fife. February, 26th, 2013
Before I begin I first have to think you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read this letter. I understand you probably have a lot of things that have to be taken care of so I will try to make this short.
Recently I have been researching the issue of clawbacks for the welfare system and I believe the idea of taking money off of a person’s welfare cheque dollar for dollar is flawed(1). If they get too much money taken off of their welfare cheque just because they are making money beyond a set limit will discourage them, and cause them to feel that there is no point working(2).
I believe that instead of the government making it dollar for dollar they should make it an escalating percentage so they still get to keep some of the money they are making. If they feel that they are making money that will encourage them to work harder and longer (2). The more they work the more likely it is that they will get off of welfare. This will then save the government money and the trouble of having to send a cheque to them. Once there off of welfare they will be out in the community with a job and some money they will start to buy more things than they used to and paying taxes that will give the government more money to spend on things of other importance, they will then become part of the economy by earning money and buying things.
I hope you will take what I have said into consideration and plan on changing the welfare clawback system to make Ontario a better place to live.
Sincerely
Samantha Heinbecker
(2) – www.globalnews.ca/tories+propose+to+reward+welfare + recipients + whotwork + those + who +don’t/6442790835/story.html
No comments:
Post a Comment